(07) 5547 7288   |   admin@professionalsjimboomba.com.au
Register for Alerts   |   Login to Alerts

Professionals Jimboomba Real Estate

Shop 8, Jimboomba Convenience Centre, 133 Brisbane Street Jimboomba

(07) 5547 7288

(07) 5547 7366

admin@professionalsjimboomba.com.au

Contact us

Visit

Visit

Visit

Visit

Old Area Photos

4 Sep 2012 Jimboomba 0 Comment


Beaudesert Publican Albert Edward Jennings, ca. 1876
Albert Jennings arrived in Queensland in 1862 and began butchering at Oxley, Veresdale (1871) and Stanthorpe. He returned to the Logan district about 1875 and went into the hotel business at Jimboomba, Waterford and finally Beaudesert. The Beaudesert Hotel was established about 1885. He died in 1886 leaving a wife, son and daughter.

 


Mrs Mary Bryde Wynne of Willow Brook farm, Maclean via Jimboomba. Formerly Mary Talbot known in the district for her skill as a midwife.

 

Circa 1905. Bridge being rebuilt after Logan River flood at Rose Lane (now Cusack Lane), Jimboomba.
Of special interest, see the man in the ”old-style diving suit complete with helmet”.

 

ca 1916 – The timber is being transported to the railway station at either Logan Village or Jimboomba.

 

Railway Hotel, Jimboomba QLD circa 1930
Hotel was situated near the railway station, hence the name. In later years, the building was moved ‘up the road’ adjacent to the Mt. Lindesay Hwy.

 

There were no army camps within Logan City, but a camp for American soldiers, Camp Cable, was built in heavily undulating country between Tambourine and Logan Village. The camp was built by the CCC the Civil Constructional Corps and retained the natural vegetation to conceal buildings,roadways and site works.The Camp was used for training by the American 32nd Infantry Division and the 1st Marine Division.(Information taken from: Buchanan, Robyn. Logan: rich in history, young in spirit , 2000) Image shows american soldiers using a pully mechanized by a stationary engine to pull a rectangular item from the ground.

 

Camp Cable, near Jimboomba, was an American army camp between 1942 and 1944. As many as 20,000 men were camped there during this time. Its name was changed from Camp Tamborine to Camp Cable, to honour Sgt. Gerald O. Cable, who was killed en route to the camp as a result of a Japanese submarine attack.

 

Railway Hotel, Jimboomba 1984
Situated on the Mt. Lindesay Hwy. Jimboomba.
Hotel painted, and a bottleshop added

 

Jimboomba Public Hall, ca. 1985

community history jimboomba

Copyright © 2017 Professionals Real Estate  |  Privacy Policy & Disclaimer  |  Made in Melbourne by iProperty